What is Healthwatch Trafford?
We are the independent health & social care services champion for the people of Trafford. We gather and represent your views to show where they are doing well and where they can be improved.
Essentially, we collect the views and experiences of people who have used a service. This information is then scanned and acted upon, so services can improve. We can help make services better now and in the future. Healthwatch wants to hear from every part of our community, especially from those who sometimes struggle to be heard and not just from those who shout the loudest.
What do we do?
Our local Healthwatch help people get the best out of their local health and social care services. We represent your voices and opinions in boards, committees, and project groups. We take your opinions to the big meetings, so the commissioners and providers can hear. We also:
- provide people with information, advice and support about local health and social care services
- gather the views and experiences of local people on the way services are delivered and have the power to enter and view adult health and social care services to get a feel for how they are delivering
- influence the way services are designed and delivered based on evidence from those who use services
- influence how services are set up and commissioned by having a seat on the local Health and Wellbeing Board
- pass information and recommendations to other local Healthwatch, Healthwatch England and the Care Quality Commission
You can see all the reports we’ve published on our website.
How can young people give feedback?
Children and young people are too often not consulted in changes that affect them and their opinions and views are too often not heard. We want to change that. You can get involved in various ways:
- Volunteering with us, we have many exciting roles! Join the media squad and help us with YouthwatchTrafford, or become a Young Champion in your school. Check out www.healthwatchtrafford.co.uk/volunteer for info on how to apply.
- Giving us feedback: Talk to us! https://healthwatchtrafford.co.uk/services/ Have you been to the Doctors? Seen the Dentist? Spent time in hospital? If you have, or have used any other health or social care services, we want to know how it went! It is super quick, you can do it on your phone if you like and you don’t even have to give your name if you don’t want to!