Youthwatch Trafford is Healthwatch Trafford’s team of young volunteers (age 13-18) who help Healthwatch Trafford to communicate with other young people in Trafford.
The Youthwatch Trafford media squad looks after the website & social media while the champions promote Healthwatch Trafford and encourage other young people to share their experiences of health and care.
If you fancy finding out more about joining us and volunteering for Healthwatch Trafford, check out the volunteer pack on our website at www.healthwatchtrafford.co.uk/get-involved/young-people/
Why volunteer for Healthwatch Trafford?
- Nathan, age 15: “Volunteering for Healthwatch Trafford has enabled me to help people by helping to construct the website and I feel people with problems or just queries will gain a lot from the website.”
- Alex, age 17: “Volunteering for Healthwatch Trafford has helped me realise how important young people’s health is and that if you ever run into any problems you’re not alone. It’s made me realise how many people there are you can talk to that care and will help you with any problems you have.”
- Mithylan, age 17: “Volunteering with Healthwatch Trafford has given me a brilliant insight into different ways in which health services can be improved, and has given me a valuable opportunity to help address some of these issues, this website being one example – I’d definitely recommend volunteering with Healthwatch to anyone!”
- Ahona, age 15: “I love volunteering with Healthwatch Trafford because it makes a real difference”
- Maha, age 16: “Being part of the Media Squad has been an enjoyable experience so far and has allowed me to use my skills and knowledge to help create a website acknowledging important health issues and hopefully, helping young people in Trafford!”